Weekend was pretty awesome.
- Had my last exam on Friday - algebra, which went amazingly. Thanks go to my study buddy, who is excellent in many ways.
- Went to Tel Aviv for filksing on Friday night. Also awesome, saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in ages. Also got me thinking about parallels between my situation with the filk community and the fic community, which I may post about later under the CRAI MOAR filter. But altogether pretty awesome.
- Today, went to see HP7.2 with my darling, my mother, my brother and his wife. Lovely company, movie was cute even though I remembered NOTHING from the book. Conclusions: ( may contain spoilers. )
* But mostly, it got me craving something like the Hermione Granger series
so bad. SO BAD. I love subversions, okay, IF SOMEONE DOESN'T WRITE YA FANTASY LIKE THAT I WILL. (for serious, I have one planned. It will probably suck, but I DON'T CARE STILL WANT TO WRITE IT.)
- Got back to BS and went straight to the housing protest
. THE PPL WANT SOCIAL JUSTICE. So that was pretty win. (ETA: Also check out roga
's picspam of the protest in Tel Aviv
. The Beer Sheva demonstration is kinda small fry by comparison, but hey, at least we're moving, right?)
Now I am home and tests are done, I'm going to start working full-time until next semester starts - then hopefully my darling will get a Real Job so I can quit mine and go to being a full-time student.
I'm very conflicted about writing right now. Have a whole bunch of ideas, but uncertain where to start from. Probably I should finish my WIPs first, except that I'm kind of scared of going back to them because IT'S BEEN SO LONG. May write more about that later. BUT I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS. SUGGESTIONS HELP.